[pure-silver] Re: Agfa Paper Equivalent

  • From: ERoustom <eroustom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:28:43 -0400

On Jun 8, 2008, at 1:01 PM, Dennis Purdy wrote:

You might however give a try to EMAKS graded chlorobromide paper. I have been using it in the last week and though it is glossier than the old Agfa it has a finer more delicate rendition of fine detail than VC it seems to me.

Freestyle's website says the following regarding the Emaks:
"Note: This paper is listed on the Fotokemika Emaks datasheet as grade #1 but it is actually closer to a grade #2 by U.S. contrast grade standards."

If I'm using Ilford VC and being used to its range (0-5), am I thinking of it in U.S. contrast, or European contrast?

E.