[pskmail] problem with USER= in retrieving mail

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 11:20:27 -0500

Hello Rein,

I have been trying to set up W4TX to use PSKmail. The problem is that he always gets the message 'No mail', even when there is mail.

When he is connected and sends ~QTC 1+, the server shows:

~QTC 1+
Req. QTC from 1
mail.e1w.com|
USER=fieldstonefarms
Use of unitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/POP3Client.pm line 1075, <GEN9> line 2.
fieldstonefarms, his_password|
Count=-1

If I remember correctly, this is the same error I was receiving a few months ago when I was trying to use an email account that required the whole email address (fred@xxxxxxxxxxx) for the USER. I know you said you were removing @domain.xxx since no one in their right mind would do it that way ;>). Is there also a length limit on USER that may be a problem here? His USER is 15 characters long.

Thanks es 73,
Fred
wb5con