[pskmail] FLDIGI Hangs

  • From: Eric Davenport <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 10:40:39 -0400

Good Morning,

I have been working with fldigi+jpskmail for some time.

I have been trying to find an energy efficient way of running a server so I have been working on virtual machines and standalone computers for a while.

I first tried to install it on Ubuntu 10 on a VM Server I gave up when I could not get the Signalink USB to transfer any information. Same situation using VirtualBox.

So now I am trying a Laptop running Ubunto 10.04 fldigi 3.21.40 from source and using fltk 1.3.

So to test it I am using jPSKMAIL 1.5.7

I am running fldigi minimized but that does not seem to be the problem.

This works for 2 or 3 hours and fldigi freezes.

Nothing in the Logs anywhere it just stops.

Maybe this is related to running jPSKMAIL and would not happen with the server.

When I ran server some years ago I do not recall any problems and it ran on a much slower machine at the time for weeks on end.

I have seen references by Rein and others to freezing and wonder if their is something I need to change that I do not remember.

Maybe I should just get the server up and running and see if that freezes.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Eric

--
KZ5ED