[pskmail] Re: FLDIGI Hangs

  • From: "remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx" <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 07:05:06 +0000

And is there a plan to merge it to fldigi main branch ?

Le 24.03.2012 04:44, John Douyere a écrit :
Yes, in the test alpha versions with the new modes.

73, John

On 24/03/2012 12:33 PM, "remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>" <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    There's a fldigi internal queue whose size has to be increased.
    There was a talk about this.? Probably, John already applied these
    changes somewhere:

    <mailto:remi.chateauneu@gmail.
    <mailto:remi.chateauneu@gmail.>__**com <remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:remi.chateauneu@xxxxxxxxx>>>> wrote:

     >> > Hi again John,
     >> >
     >> > Probably, a processing queue cannot be emptied quickly enough.
     >> > Apart from speeding up your code, you might try these changes,
    they
     >> may help a bit:
     >> >
     >> > (1)
     >> > qrunner.h
     >> > LOG_ERROR("qrunner: thread %" PRIdPTR " fifo full!",
    GET_THREAD_ID());
     >> > Replaced by;
     >> > LOG_ERROR("qrunner: thread %" PRIdPTR " fifo full at %s!",
     >> GET_THREAD_ID(),typeid(F).**__name() );
     >> >
     >> > So that we will see with which function it happens.
     >> >
     >> > (2)
     >> > src/qrunner/qrunner.cxx:
     >> > #define FIFO_SIZE 2048
     >> > Replaced by;
     >> > #define FIFO_SIZE 8192
     >> >
     >> > So that the queue will be bigger and might leave enough time for
     >> processing.
     >> >
     >> > (3)
     >> > ./configure --enable-optimizations=native
     >> >
     >> > This should produce a code with better instructions.
     >> >
     >> > (4)
     >> > In m4/opt.m4
     >> >
     >> > OPT_CFLAGS="-O2 -ffast-math -finline-functions"
     >> >
     >> > Replaced by
     >> >
     >> > OPT_CFLAGS="-O3 -ffast-math -finline-functions"
     >> >
     >> > As well, the code should be slightly faster.
     >> >
     >> > Hope this helps.
     >> >
     >> > Cheers
     >> >
     >> > Remi

    Le 23.03.2012 19:36, Eric Davenport a écrit :

        I have some more information that may be important or a guidance
        to all.

        JPSKMail ran for a number of hours today and then FLDIGI froze and
        created a 250Meg Status_Log.TXT

        Most of it was filled with the following.

        I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1044 Hz
        I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1044 Hz
        I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
        I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
        I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1050 Hz
        I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
        I: ParseMode: ARQ new modem set to PSK250R
        I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1050 Hz
        I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1044 Hz
        I: apply: RSID: BPSK250 @ 1050 Hz
        I: apply: RSID: PSK250R @ 1044 Hz
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        E: request: qrunner: thread 0 fifo full!
        and this went of till I stopped it at 250 megs.

        Hope this helps us.