[pskmail] Re: FLDIGI Hangs

  • From: Klaus Lohmann <dl4oah@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:05:44 +0100

Hello Remi,

I'm running a PSKMail server and also experience fldigi freezes. It is random, sometimes runnung 48 hours or more, sometimes only 2 hours or so after a restart.

(1) the PSKMail server is running 24/7, so fldiigi alone makes no sense. But I can give it a try if you want
(2) ok, please sequence of commands
(3) Fldigi is always NOT minmized
(4) nothing of any significance
(5) NO
(6) no
(7) this way: fldigi --debug-level X (which value for X)?

Greetings
Klaus, DL4OAH

Am 21.03.2012 16:39, schrieb Remi Chateauneu:
Hi,

Will be happy happy to help if I can. A couple of questions please.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Eric Davenport <kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:kz5ed@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have been trying to find an energy efficient way of running a
    server so I have been working on virtual machines and standalone
    computers for a while.

    I first tried to install it on Ubuntu 10 on a VM Server I gave up
    when I could not get the Signalink USB to transfer any
    information. Same situation using VirtualBox.

    So now I am trying a Laptop running Ubunto 10.04 fldigi 3.21.40
    from source and using fltk 1.3.

    So to test it I am using jPSKMAIL 1.5.7

    I am running fldigi minimized but that does not seem to be the
    problem.

    This works for 2 or 3 hours and fldigi freezes.

    Nothing in the Logs anywhere it just stops.

(1) Do you have the same problem with fldigi alone and nothing else significant on your computer ?

(2) Are you able to run the debugger "gdb" and see where fldigi is hanging ? (If necessary I will give the exact sequence of commands)

(3) Same problem when fldigi is not minimized ?

(4) Can you see the logged information (And send them)? This might tell what fldigi is doing when it hangs.

(5) Is the problem entirely predictible ? (Always happen in exactly the same circumstances ).

(6) Can you see what were the interaction between pskmail and fldigi when it happened (There might be a race condition in the xml-rpc server, this is whay it does not happen with fldigi alone).

(7) Can you run fldigi in debug mode and try to reproduce the problem (And see the logging information) ?

Thanks

    Maybe this is related to running jPSKMAIL and would not happen
    with the server.

    When I ran server some years ago I do not recall any problems and
    it ran on a much slower machine at the time for weeks on end.

    I have seen references by Rein and others to freezing and wonder
    if their is something I need to change that I do not remember.

    Maybe I should just get the server up and running and see if that
    freezes.

    Any suggestions are appreciated.

    Eric

-- KZ5ED