[projectaon] Re: LW refresh - including illustrations!

  • From: "paul haskell" <haskellpaul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 10:49:36 +0000

Howdy guys-
Here are the links to the Illustrations for the first five books, including the corrections to book 1---->
I fixed the equipment problem and also rotated some of the small/large pictures that needed attention.
www.swbfphoenix.com/book 1.zip
www.swbfphoenix.com/book 2.zip
www.swbfphoenix.com/book 3.zip
www.swbfphoenix.com/book 4.zip
www.swbfphoenix.com/book 5.zip
While doing these, I would double check myself by visiting projectaon's various Illustration sectons for each book and in doing so I stumbled upon a few minor errors/points of interest that might have already been pointed out, but if not here they are--->
1. The seal of hammerdal picture is missing from book 2.
2. The real ill19 is missing from the table of illustrations in book 4, Ill19 through ill20 are misnumbered- there are actually 21 illustrations instead of the usual 20.
3. Small2 is missing from the table of illustrations in book 5.

> Thomas Wolmer wrote:
> > http://www.projectaon.org/staff/thomas/01fftd_ill/
>
> If you want, I could do a bit of minor editing to each pic to ensure the black
> line "frames" around each pic are square and straight. That might help avoid any
> grey fuzziness around the outside of the pics, I think?

Hm I am not sure I understand what you mean? I see that a few pics are
somehat slanted and these could be straightend up (but preferrably in
higher resolution, i.e. using Paul's original scans), but I don't see
any grey fuzziness? Since these are GIFs, not JPEGs, there is no
technical reason for such fuzziness. I'd also not want to lose the
hand-drawn feel that the sligtly uneven frames give.

Well now that i think about it, I really do like the idea of keeping the hand-drawn look to the Illustrations- as imperfect as they may be. So my vote is to keep them as is, but I'll leave it up to you guys though :P

-Paul