Re: cookie crumbs

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 14:26:53 -0400

Try looking in the IE browser at tools, Internet options, content, auto complete... That would be the first place and also privacy tab menu at advanced... To see how cookies are set.

At 12:40 PM 6/3/2009, you wrote:
Hi all --
I have a question about IE7, the google toolbar, and anything else that
might be responsible for saving passwords.  I have logins on a number of
sites that I really don't want broken into -- places like paypal for
example. I do not want the password, which I always have memorized, saved in
some cookie on my system. At first I thought this would not happen without
me explicitly telling it to, but recently when I go to paypal, something
fills in the password field. Since the password is starred out, I tried
hitting the log in button to see if the saved password would work and sure
enough, it did.
So what app is responsible for saving this info, and howdo I prevent it?
(Needless to say, I never opt to save a cookie with this info on the sites
of interest.  So I don't think that I'm the culprit...)
TIA for any info.
--le

Tim
trouble