cookie crumbs

  • From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 11:40:44 -0500

Hi all --
I have a question about IE7, the google toolbar, and anything else that
might be responsible for saving passwords.  I have logins on a number of
sites that I really don't want broken into -- places like paypal for
example. I do not want the password, which I always have memorized, saved in
some cookie on my system. At first I thought this would not happen without
me explicitly telling it to, but recently when I go to paypal, something
fills in the password field. Since the password is starred out, I tried
hitting the log in button to see if the saved password would work and sure
enough, it did.
So what app is responsible for saving this info, and howdo I prevent it?
(Needless to say, I never opt to save a cookie with this info on the sites
of interest.  So I don't think that I'm the culprit...)
TIA for any info.
--le