Re: Windows 7

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:33:07 -0700

Laura,

I would suggest getting win 7 if at all possible, it seems to be running well,
is more closely related to vista than vista is to XP, and has a lot less of the
items that were annoying vista tryers, I think XP users will test and go with
win 7 more often than they did with Vista.

if your considering a Mac, I'd find a Mac in a store and have them fire up the
voice for you, I've herd both loud applause and thunderous negatives for it.

I think the difference is between those used to eloquence or deck-talk and
those more used to the TTS style voices like in NVDA.

HTH
elf
proprietor, The Grab Bag,
for blind computer users and programmers
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Alacorn Computer Enterprises
"own the might and majesty of a Alacorn!"
www.alacorncomputer.com
Owner: Agemtree
"merchants in fine facetted and cabochon gemstones"
www.agemtree.com