Re: Windows 7

  • From: Jared Wright <wright.jaredm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:05:27 -0400

At the risk of drifting off this list's intent, I'll assert that in my experiences I've found Windows 7 to be superior to Windows Vista in nearly every way despite its being still not officially released. IN fact, I'd wager there's plenty at Microsoft who'd tell you in private that Windows 7 is what Vista was supposed to be after optimization and cutting out on a lot of the bloat that Vista carried around with it.

JW

On 8/26/2009 1:30 PM, Andreas Stefik wrote:
I'm at a university, so we get windows 7 earlier than most. I don't think it's technically out yet, but it has gone gold, so the final release to manufacturing version is finished.

As for which to get, tough call ... If I was buying a new machine, I'd probably just wait, but there's lots of factors.

Stefik

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:55 AM, qubit <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    hey there -- so windows 7 is out -- I would also be interested in
    how well it works. Also, I am wondering if I were to get a new
    laptop, should I get vista or windows7? especially  since I never
    used a vista box as yet.
    Is the interface much different? Should I get vista because it is
    better tested and closer to xp?

        Or should I get snow leopard on my mack?
        Thanx
        --le