Re: Reading Embedded ScreenShots of code in Website Articles

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 08:25:01 -0700

Unfortunately, even the OCR packages don't normally do a very good job
on these damn screenshots. Some come out better than others but
they're all far from good. I've had horrible problems in learnin some
computer-related stuff cuz of 'em. The problem is that the screenshot
resolution is so low (like 72 d p i) & OCR does not do well w/that
sort of low res. Also, often they contain additional fine lines,
further degrading the print. I often do the optacon thing, which is
slow but gets the job done. I understand many don't have that option.

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride
Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net