RE: Reading Embedded ScreenShots of code in Website Articles

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 08:48:40 -0400

You can't increase the resolution of the image as it is printed on the page
at the lower rez.  If one tries, without using fairly complex DSP algorithms
(like those in ZoomText and MAGic) you'll just end up making a "stair
stepped" mess of the object.  I suppose one can use a magnification program
to zoom it up with decent font smoothing, do a screen capture and OCR the
new image but this is about as Rube Goldberg as I can imagine.

cdh

Chris Hofstader
CUNY, BSO, ATG, Odds and Ends
email: cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx