RE: .Net Impressions, Right Or Wrong

  • From: "Jim" <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:44:01 -0400

Hi,

I may not be saying this correctly, but here goes. I was reading a book
today about this, and it seemed that they were saying that you write in the
language of your choosing. Then, something takes it and translates it into
something called a Common Intermediate language, and from there, some of the
stuff gets put into a common runtime language and that's what makes it work
for many languages. This is just my attempt to understand how this works.
But the book I was reading said that most of the time you program in .Net,
you're really learning how to use the .net framework classes. What little
time you spend in a given language, you spend hooking things up so that the
various .net stuff you use works on the data from your program.

How's that for babble?

Jim

Jim Homme

Skype: jim.homme