Re: .Net Impressions, Right Or Wrong

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:36:41 -0500

LOL I think everyone can relate to that one... Why on earth did they name java
and javascript so similarly when they have no relation?
And while I don't know if someone is using pcp as a computer science term, I'm
sure there is a tech acronym somewhere to match it.

My favorite acronym was the internal name of an old C compiler developed where
I worked during the late 80s.  It had a then new component that let a person
port it to new architectures by completing a code generation template spec that
they called a stin file.  My supervisor dubbed the compiler "stin cc" or
"stincc", and it stuck -- until it was released of course.  When he left and
took another position, someone gave him a stuffed skunk as a gag gift.
Happy hacking.
--le