Re: NVDA vs JFW

  • From: Lex <lex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 23:49:41 +0200

14.12.2010 23:27, QuentinC пишет:
NVDA Review cursor is not the same as jaws cursor. If I have well understood, with NVDA review cursor, you can't go out of the currently focused control, except if you use go to nextt/prev/parent/ child (by default :
Currently, review cursor also serves for flat review, so it isn't true anymore.
It's also much better to understand how the components are arranged on screen, what is sometimes useful, for a signted person who help you, or in development to check if things are well aligned or so. You can't do all that with NVDA review cursor.
BTW, Voiceover on mac uses structural navigation only, as far as I know. NVDA gives you choice.

That's good news if you have implemented such a feature. I will try it when I have time. When did you introduce it ? It's just to know if I have to re-download NVDA or not, I download it last time on august.
You'd better to always use atleast latest stable version. NVDA 2010.2 was released 29 october. Global plugin stuff is introduced more recently and is available only in development snapshots.
Yes, of course, I know. But it is less sexy to have speech synthesizer saying « bold » in the middle of a text instead of simply having the voice pitch raised or having another specific voice selected for example.
Agreed. Developers simply haven't enough time to put hands on it. There are lots of things to do, and only two developers working full-time on the project: Mick and Jamie. So we have to prioritize something over other.

Lex