RE: NVDA vs JFW

  • From: "Lafond, Eileen" <Eileen.Lafond@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:29:17 -0800

Good points!

-----Original Message-----
From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Midence
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 7:02 AM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: NVDA vs JFW

NVDA is great for mozilla applications and for when you are in a pinch
and Jaws dies on you.  Beyond that, my use of it is pretty minimal.
My big gripe with it is that it is not scriptable.  You can't create
different configuration sets that load whenever certain aplicaitons
are loaded.  Having said that, I think NVVDA will overtake Jaws in
about 2 or 3 years because they keep adding more and more features to
it.  Woudln't surprise me if the scripting feature I mentioned gets
added soon.

Alex M