Re: NVDA vs JFW

  • From: Lex <lex@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:33:10 +0200

14.12.2010 21:01, Alex Midence пишет:
Wish NVDA and Orca could share
code.  Orca could benefit from whatever NVDA did to work so amazingly
wel with Firefox.  It's in Python, after all.  Platforms might be too
different though.  anyone have thoughts on this?
It is impossible. That code is written in very fast c++, and it is injected in-process to work even faster (its almost impossible to inject python code). This trick, injecting your code in the other process, while is widely used in windows screen readers, isn't at all popular on linux. I am not sure that it is possible in linux at all. Finally, we're ussing IAccessible2 interface for talking with Mozilla-based product, which is a windows-only extension to MSAA. So, unfortunately, orca should make its own improvements to achieve the same level of browser support.

Lex