Re: NVDA vs JFW

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:23:45 +0100

NVDA's Braille output is semi-optimal to say the least.
But I haven't tried the latest stable NVDA / latest snapshot builds so Braille output may be improved.

On 14.12.2010 16:02, Alex Midence wrote:
NVDA is great for mozilla applications and for when you are in a pinch
and Jaws dies on you.  Beyond that, my use of it is pretty minimal.
My big gripe with it is that it is not scriptable.  You can't create
different configuration sets that load whenever certain aplicaitons
are loaded.  Having said that, I think NVVDA will overtake Jaws in
about 2 or 3 years because they keep adding more and more features to
it.  Woudln't surprise me if the scripting feature I mentioned gets
added soon.

Alex M

On 12/14/10, Homme, James<james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hi,
This is just my opinion. JAWS is better in a serious business environment.
NVDA doesn't have good enough Microsoft Office support right now.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Usability Services,
Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme
Internal recipients,  Read my accessibility blog. Discuss accessibility
here. Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility advice