[program-l] Re: Reset System Variables

  • From: LU OGBE <oluogbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 05:35:35 +0100

Hello,

Thanks for all your suggestions. The system restore which gave the failed error
message still executed so I'm up & running again.
Time to get hacking!!! LOL

Regards,
LU
  From: david.lant1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 20:12:32 +0100

  Hi,

  Now that you have JAWS speech back, I would suggest simply using the system
Restore wizard again and going back to a restore point before you made the
environment variable change.  The restore you did sounds like it simply undid
the registry change.  The System Restore wizard is perfectly accessible and
I've used it on numerous occasions when JAWS suddenly decided it wasn't
licensed any more.

  All the best,

  David

  David Lant

  Applications analyst

  MCPD Enterprise Application Development 3.5

  MCTS ASP.NET 3.5, ADO.NET 3.5, Windows Communication Foundation 3.5, Windows
Applications 3.5