[program-l] Visual C# 2008 and JAWS 11

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 14:12:05 +0200

Hi all!

How to make JAWS speak indentation in Visual C# 2008?
I also have a Braille question further down in this message.

When I navigate the code editor JAWS don't speak indentation.
I have installed the additional JAWS scripts for VS 2008.
I have checked the speak indentation option and saved it to the msenv2005
configuration file.

I can see the indentation on my Braille display but I like both Braille and
speech.
I also see that there are 4 blank cells to the left of the line number when
navigating the code editor using Braille.
Except the first line where I can read "Program.CS 1 using System;".
The first line is left justified so that the P in Program.cs appear on the
first cell on my Braille display.
But from line 2 there are 4 blank cells then the line number is shown before
the actual code begins.
I like that the line number is shown on my Braille display but I'm not sure
why there are 4 blanks cells to the left of it.

Like this:
    2 using System.Collections.Generic;

My second question:
Does all Braille users have this "problem"?
I guess it may be how the code editor is designed and how JAWS outputs it in
Braille.