[program-l] HTML: Printing

  • From: "Ian Sharpe" <isforums@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:32:30 +0100

Hi All,

I want to present a number of identical reports as a continual HTML page to make it easy to print them all off in one go. Each report will have a basic header + body and I intend to use an IE tag to force a page break at the end of each report. Reports will typically be less than a page but could run to many pages in some cases. This is almost good enough and may well suffice. However, the client has asked, reasonably enough, whether it is possible to put the header information at the top of each page rather than on the first page of each report and possibly also include a page number.

I suspect it is possible to tell IE to put page numbers on each page when printing a web page but this is no good. It would have to be relative to the current report.

Does anyone know of any way that I can put the header at the top of each page of the report to which it belongs?

Any thoughts gratefuly received as always.
Cheers
Ian