[program-l] Re: C# compiler???

  • From: "David Lant" <david.lant1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 10:45:00 -0000

Hi Laura,

The .NET Framework is free from Microsoft.  I wasn't referring to the Visual
Studio.NET application.  As Mark pointed out, you can download the SDK
directly.   I'm not sure, but I *think* you even get the compilers if you
just install the .NET Framework from Windows Update.  I'll have to check my
laptop to see if they are there, as I don't have Visual Studio.NET installed
on that, but I do have the .NET Framework installed.

Oh, and you *must* have the .NET Framework installed in order to be able to
use C#] and its compiler.

All the best,

David