[program-l] Re: C# compiler???

  • From: "MARIO EILAND" <meiland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 07:15:21 -0500

Hi,

Do you have Visual Studio Net installed.  If you do, to get access to the
commandline compiler you can go to, Start Menu, Programs, Microsoft Studio
.net, Visual Studio .net tools and Visual studio .net Command prompt.  This is
in .net 2003.

From here you can compiler any of your .cs files.

Good luck,
Mario
Programmer

>>> leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 12/29/04 05:11AM >>>
Hi all --
I've been reading through the book ".NET and XML" by Neil Bornstein (an
O'Reilly book), that I downloaded from bookshare.org.
It is quite recent (2004(, and points to a free C# command line compiler
that can be downloaded from msdn.microsoft.com or something like that.
I clicked on the link and waded through a bunch of pages but could not find
a link to download this compiler.
Can anyone help? Does anyone have a copy that I could grab just to
experiment with the examples in the book?
I know this has come up before but I can't find the refs.
Thanks in advance and happy new year!
--le