[photodesk] Re: Printing Problem

  • From: Peter-William Eaves <peter@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 23:12:47 +0100

In message <4e510d1fc8marthodgson@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Hodgson <marthodgson@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05 Aug, Henry Falkner <hfalkner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Interesting about the mw-software solution.

I bought an HP cp1700 a few years ago and it prints by me sending
PstScript files from the RiscOs machine via a Linux machine which
accepts the code and sends out HP code to the printer.  Something my
son set up for me.  Works extremely well if a bit slow.  Lovely photo
prints at A3 if required.  Of course it works faster if you just put
the photos into "The Gimp" on the Linux machine.  However, much of my
work is done using Impression Publisher so, over all, the RiscOs
machine gets used more - even after all these years.

--
Peter-William Eaves
IP9 2NF  UK