[photodesk] Re: Printing Problem

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: photodesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 22:53:35 +0100

On 3 Aug 2006 Alan S.Wickham <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>         I chose a fairly modest 3 colour printer, the Canon 560i.

Its actually a 4 colour with CMY and Black. Early colour inkjets made black
from CMY and were awful.

>          This was OK for text and seemed
>         to be for graphics. When I started to use it for photos,
>         however, I started to get serious "banding" in areas where
>         there was an even tone.

Are there any options on the driver for using "micro weave" or similar?
This interleaves passes of the head so there aren't obvious bands where
where each strip on ink dries.

If it doesn't try printing to file first and then sending that to the
printer. Spooling a file can be much faster than printing directly which
means less time between each pass of the head which can reduce banding.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx