Re: [PCWorks] Windows SP3

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:58:41 -0500

What is "=B4s"?  Looks like you may be sending email to the
list in HTML format instead of plain text.  Again, the list
only posts plain text email.  Or it could be you're using an
odd email program or encoding.  I would guess =B4s is an
apostrophe.  I can't remember what =20 is.

Most of this was covered in a previous post to the list of mine
on SP3.  See the archives:
//www.freelists.org/archives/pcworks/07-2008/msg00108.html.
If you can't get to that URL, look at your email for the
subject line: "Updated XP SP3 info and possible patch release
to fix the main issue with it".

As for if it's faster, it's supposed to be a bit faster, I
don't know what you mean by "unattended ones".  The
requirements for it are the same as SP2/XP.  If you got SP3
PLUS the ENTIRE XP OS on a CD (which is what it sounds like
from your post), it will install on any PC that supports XP.
But again you need to read my post on it before getting
involved with SP3.

I also just posted something yesterday on remembering to remove
the footers and email header blocks, which you left in your
post.  Please read it this time:
//www.freelists.org/archives/pcworks/07-2008/msg00131.html.
If you can't get to that URL, look at your email for the
subject line "Posting guideline reminders, Please read".

I'll just send you those posts off-list.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com
http://www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com

From: "Vern"

MS just notified me they are ready to send the SP3 update.  I
have an old
AMD chip set. Has SP3 been fixed or should I continue waiting?