Re: [PCWorks] Windows SP3

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:44:19 -0500

Ok that's good about the HD's.

I don't fully remember now your original question and all of my
reply (you removed them), so going from a sketchy memory of
them.......I'm not familiar with that company.  But I don't
think that's considered "name brand", but they could do the
same things as a name brand PC (HP, Compaq, etc.) with regards
to the way they install the OS.  The problem those types have
with the SP3 issue is way XP is installed.  The intelppm.sys
file has a serious problem on AMD platforms when SP3 is
installed (causes the infinite reboot loop I mentioned).  That
file is not supposed to be on AMD PC's, it's only for Intel
platforms (I think it's a CPU driver related to some sleep or
suspend mode feature).

If you do decide to install it and you have the problem, just
post to the list and I can tell you how to fix it.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com