Re: [PCWorks] Somebody faked my e-mail address

  • From: Peter Kaulback <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:02:04 -0500

In case you missed this big piece of news about shutting down spammers
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2008/11/spam_volumes_drop_by_23_after.html

and the decline in spam volume by two thirds.

And, as it's been widely known for a long time the USA continues to be
#1 source of spam on the planet. According to security firm Network Box
the USA sends out 15% of all spam and 13% of all virus's, more than
double it's closest junk mail rival, Turkey
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/29/botnet_spam_deluge/

Peter Kaulback

Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin wrote:
> First off, the only thing that's technically illegal is sending
> Spam, and only by the billions.  There is no law for
> "slandering" a person's email address (or slandering a company
> by posing as the company that is sending them) which is the
> subject of this thread.
>
> But to continue on with Spam since you brought it up.....being
> technically "illegal", then finding the authorities that
> actually have a backbone and will actually DO SOMETHING about
> it, are two totally different things.  Finding hits in a search
> engine for a search phrase, and finding the precedents where
> something was actually DONE, are two totally different things.
> To date, there has been only ONE person prosecuted under the
> anti-spam law, and only because he sent countless BILLIONS of
> UCE's.  I personally have filed numerous complaints with my
> local District Attorney's offices (for both various email and
> phone harassment), and NOT ONCE did they ever follow up or even
> call back!  I've also filed countless police reports locally
> AND in the local domicile of the parasite....NOTHING.  They
> simply do not care.
>
> Window dressing, eye candy.  Here in the USA, there may be
> laws, but they are not enforced.  The Gov't here creates
> similar laws all the time by the thousands, just to be ignored.
> And in the unlikely rare event you CAN find someone that
> actually cares, the scumbag will get some bottom-feeding lawyer
> that will get them off on a "technicality", so they can
> continue on with their rein of cyber-terror and cyber-crimes.
> Or, some spastic judge (as you cited) that's more concerned
> with the 1st Amendment that people's legit law-abiding
> businesses and well being.
>
> I see it all the time, I've lived it, I know.  Sure, there may
> be "laws", however, Laws are USELESS without the people with
> the backbone that will ENFORCE them.  It's going to take
> (someone like me?) to get several thousand people to march on
> Capitol Hill in D.C. that will create enough of a media frenzy,
> to get the Gov't to actually TAKE some action against these
> parasites, or a class-action lawsuit against the Gov't for
> failure to enforce.  Why do you think they still do it?  Still
> spam?  Still commit the internet fraud?  Still spoof/slander
> businesses and people's email addresses?  Simply because, they
> CAN.
>
> Drastic times, desperate measures.  Fight back the only way we
> know how.  I, and others that have also experienced these
> atrocities first hand, will consider the Gov't as "caring" when
> they actually start prosecuting and delivering JAIL TIME for
> these pieces of excrement.
> -Clint
>
> God Bless
> Clint Hamilton, Owner
> http://www.OrpheusComputing.com
> http://www.ComputersCustomBuilt.com

>>> for you:  For example, if the emails have a website's URL
>>> in
>>> it, and IF, IF, IF, the whois information on the domain is
>>> NOT
>>> bogus (they usually are bogus, something also that is "not
>>> allowed" by registrar's TOS/TOA yet they condone it), you
>>> can
>>> find ways of attacking the domain owner.  Subscribe their
>>> email
>>> address to every kind of BS you can find, and have all
>>> sorts
>>> of
>>> ridiculous things sent to their street address.  For their
>>> name, use something additional like "cyber-terrorist
>>> parasite",
>>> then when they get all these emails sent to them, trial
>>> magazine subscriptions, vacuum cleaner free trials, etc.,
>>> etc.,
>>> it will be addressed to "Cyber-terrorist parasite", and
>>> they'll
>>> also have to handle the return of all these products and
>>> cancellation of magazine subscriptions.  Be sure and pick
>>> some
>>> "really choice" magazines and products.  Magazines like
>>> "Ge*nital Acne Quarterly", "Closet Cross-Dresser", etc.,
>>> they'll have to cancel (or will they?? HA!!  No they don't
>>> exist....at least not to my knowledge, but you get my
>>> point),
>>> LOL.  Products like "personal pleasure enhancement