Re: [PCWorks] Compaq 5020 Hard Drive

  • From: Tom <tom2007@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:33:21 -0500

Thanks Clint,

Just to follow up, I did connect a 160 GB hard drive to the
computer and to my surprise the BIOS recognized all of it.
Now, I can't figure out how to physically remove the old
drive.  The computer only has one hard drive bay.  I can't
get to the screws on the right side of the computer.

True, the computer had Windows 98 on it but I'm going to
install Windows 98 SE on it.  It will be good enough for my
brother-in-law who can't afford to buy a computer and who
only uses e-mail and does a little web browsing.

It's a 300 MHZ processor with 64 MB memory.

Tom

** Message Separater **