(no subject)

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sometimes you appear to be using the words "monitor" and "speaker"
interchangeably and sometimes as two different things.

To me "monitor" is a separate output, typically to a headset, that is
used by the sound technician to monitor the SOURCE of the signal
going
INTO the PA system.  "Speaker", on the other hand, is the output for
the speakers that the audience uses to listen to the OUTPUT of the PA
system.

If "monitor" is not working but speakers are the problem is the
SOURCE
or its connection to the PA or that portion of the PA that is
responsible for the source getting to the monitor.

I would suggest finding the owners manual (may have to go online to
system manufacturers site to get it), then review the troubleshooting
techniques. If that doesn't help, then I would disconnect everything,
setting all switches, knobs and controls to OFF, MINIMUM or other
neutral setting.  Then follow the owners manual instructions on
connecting and setting up the system.

If you have some spare parts try swapping some in and out.

If you are using a microphone, try plugging it in all MIC positions,
not just MIC 1.

Try swapping some cables around if your system uses two similar
sources (say a CD player and DVD or VHS player).  If the problem
moves
or goes away you have found your problem.

If all of this fails, it is time to pay for some technical support.
Get the company that sold you the system to come out and fix it.

Don