-=PCTechTalk=- Re: virus updates

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:54:31 -0500

people already sent in the online scanners. Symantec also has an online scanner.

If you are buying a new Norton, you might consider buying it thru a store and
get a totally new 2004 anti-virus rather than just renewing your older version.
I don't know what version you have, but I know that I was better off buying it
at a store and upgrading than when I just bought the years worth of dat files
online. The newer program covered more potential problems.  You can get an
upgrade rebate on it, so the price isn't that bad. I also use tax software -
which had a rebate too - so I got it for free.

You might consider this too:
About a month ago, Mike sent this information in:
Computer Associates is teaming up with MS to provide their AV and firewall
for free.

CA TO OFFER FREE ANTIVIRUS AND FIREWALL SOFTWARE TO WINDOWS USERS WORLDWIDE
http://www3.ca.com/Press/pressrelease.asp?CID=3D52733
 Global Software Leader Responds to Growing Internet Threats By Providing
Enterprise-Class Technology to Home Market
COMDEX, Las Vegas, November 18, 2003 - Computer Associates International,
Inc. (CA) in conjunction with Microsoft Corp. today announced an offer to
provide qualified Windows home computer users with a no-charge, one-year
subscription to CA's eTrust EZ Armor antivirus and firewall desktop security
suite.

eTrust EZ Armor - the consumer version of CA's enterprise-class security
technology - will dramatically improve the safety of individual home PC use,
and greatly limit the proliferation of Internet threats.

CA will aggressively promote this special offer as part of Microsoft's
=93Protect Your PC=94 campaign. A download link for eTrust EZ Armor is
featured on the Protect Your PC site on Microsoft's Web site, located at:
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect.
++
See;  http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/