-=PCTechTalk=- Re: virus updates

  • From: <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 16:28:18 -0800

Many stores.... have sales right now on the whole new Systemworks 2004
program..and you can even get it for free after rebates if you check the
ads.  You can check www.CompUSA .com and www.Office Max.com  and Office
Depot.com.

This way you are not tied to an ISP for your virus protection.

Someday you may decide to leave AOL... and then you would have to have your
own protection.

I personally prefer Systemworks as it gives me many other tools in one
place..one user interface and I know they will work together..(famous last
words).  I have to admit I use to HATE Norton as it was such a resource hog,
but they have improved A LOT!  I run Norton Win Doctor every day before I
shut down.  I also run the free cleanup program from Steve Gould and would
never consider doing without it...lol!

I like the way Norton does the optimizing of my hard drive and makes me feel
good about fixing registry problems..or placing them in an ignore folder.
Being able to undo fixes is a valuable tool too!

These are just my opinions... but I have been buying the Systemworks
packages since 2000 and have not regretted one purchase.
Hugs,
Rose