-=PCTechTalk=- Re: offtopic tv's lcds

  • From: "Christy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:51:50 -0500

Thanks Don,

That is helpful info.  I was confused about plasma tv's, not sure if they
are considered better than LEDs and LCDs.  Have never owned a plasma tv.
There were  a few small tv's even 26" leds for same razor thin or something
like that samsung I think or vizio.  I did look at some tvs on display in
walmart and did notice some glare on a sony that disappointed me.   I hate
glare.  This was higher up then a few others so I figured maybe the lighting
was playing havoc.  I am debating between 32 and 37" tv, prob 1080p, maybe
120 refresh with at least 3 hdmi outputs but of course want it at a steal,
leaning toward vizio, sony, samsung, or panasonic.  although it seems one of
the lg's I saw in walmart did not look bad.  I also hate the thought of
having to spend money on a sound system for a tv.  I cannot stand a tinny
sound.  My mom has a small 26" samsung, great picture , horrible sound to
me, thin sounding.

christy