-=PCTechTalk=- Re: creating new email act in OE

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 20:22:11 -0500

I assume that cox cable allows you more than one email account and that you
have set up the email account for your Mom.

In outlook express go to tools, accounts, properties and look at the info
there so you are familiar with what goes where.  you will specifically need
the pop and smtp server names, your moms account ID and password and the
various settings.

Then add your Mom as a user on your computer, switch to her account.  I've
never actually done this, but I think as part of the user setup you will be
given the opportunity to use the Internet wizard to set her up with internet
and email access.

If not go to control panel, internet options, connections, setup.  That will
put you in the wizard.

If you don't want to create Mom as a user, you can user YOUR user account
and set up a separate identity in  OE by going to file, identities, add new.

If you don't want to do that, still in your user account, in OE go to tools,
accounts, add.  Be sure to check the box to include the account when you
send and receive mail.  You will probably want to create a new folder for
her mail and make a filter to divert her mail to the folder.

Don

Do YOU want a gmail account invitation?  Include your email address in the
body of a private message to dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx