-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Restore

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 07:42:07 -0500

I've never used Go Back at all... not on my own system, not on anyone elses
system. Matter-of-fact, isn't Go Back what WinME has built-in, as opposed to
System Restore? For myself, I would put it in the same boat... but, that's
because I don't like making changes that revert your system back to a prior
state unless I know specifically what its reverting back. It gives me an
uneasy feeling when changes are reverted back, and I'm not sure if any of
the changes are critical to being messed with. I'm not saying I wouldn't use
it. All I'm saying is that I would exhaust all other avenues first. Then, if
still necessary, I would use it. Sure, if I can't solve a problem on my
system that's probably a result of a configuration here or there, and I
absolutely cannot find the problem using a more targeted approach, then yes
I would use System Restore, or even Go Back (if that's the one I had
installed). Of course, as mentioned by others, Go Back seems to be a bit
more detailed in the changes, which could definitely be a good thing. But I,
unfortunately, have never tried that one to really give you my own
experience with it.

---Troth