-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Restore

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 13:54:46 -0600

I believe it has to do with a few things.  First, if you have an HP system
and you downloaded the XP SP1 for windows XP BEFORE you applied the HP
patch for SP1, then you will have problems with *any* kind of system
restore.  Second, I've noticed that for many who have had problems, the
more or less common thread is that they turned off the option on the
original install.  It is supposed to be available to turn on at a later
time, but it would appear that this perhaps doesn't always work.  Third,
there is an option for the amount of disk space to use for storage of
system restore points.  This should be set to as much as practically
possible, because it goes by percentage of drive space and on a big drive
it is usually sufficient, but on a smaller drive it may not be.  The
restore points can take some disk space and I'm not sure how it handles a
storage attempt when there isn't enough space for X number of full attemps.

~~~~~~~~~

On 1/30/2003 at 8:15 PM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Jo Ann
Weaver was rumoured to have uttered....