-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wireless

  • From: "Sandi Beach" <sandib2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 17:50:58 -0500

The trial card is out until Monday.  If it gets back to the office Monday
they will call me and I can pick it up there.  Nex-Tech says the
instructions are pretty easy as to connecting it.  The section under Laptop
Connect (and I am told it will work for a desktop) shows the following:  2
year Contract:  Aircard is $99.99, unlimited Data $49.00 a month, Activation
Fee $20.00.  For a 1 year Contract it is:  Aircard is $199.99, unlimited
Data $49. a month, and activation is$30.00.  For no Contract the Aircard is
$299.99, unlimited Data is $49. a month and activation fee is $50. I can use
the trial card for 14 days to see if it works well for me.
My time is running out though as HughesNet is scheduled to do the set up on
the 17th.  I may have to just cancel and then re-schedule if necessary.  I
am very impressed with service at Nex-Tech.  They did a second site survey
just to see if the new tower now going up would be available to me.  It is
not.  Nevertheless they have been responsive and helpful so I hope wireless
with them will be the answer.  I still need to go to their web site though
to find out all I can.  They did not have a sample contract for me to take
home and look over.  The brochure says actual speeds may vary depending upon
network and conditions.
Sandi
P.S.  the tech who did the site survey said technology is changing rapidly
and he expects when the whole country goes digital with TV's we will all be
able to get high speed with no problem.  Not that I understand all of that
but he held out hope for me.