-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Wireless

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 17:19:14 -0400

Well, although I have not yet received direct notice of this, it appears
that my DSL provider, Frontiernet, has gone and added this to their online
"terms of service" page.  They have also opted to go with an incredibly
meager 5GB limit per rolling 30 day period, which is beyond ridiculously low
for today's internet.

I cannot imagine these policies lasting too long before the general public
(that's all of us, folks) stops subscribing to the services that use these
limits.  I do know that if/when they hit me with a limit infraction, I'll be
screaming my head off at them about how that's not a term I agreed to when I
signed the contract.  If they give me any backtalk and refuse to budge, I'll
accept that as a strong sign that they really don't want my businesss so
I'll take it elsewhere, even if that ultimately means back to dial-up.

Peace,
Gman