-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Upgrading to Vista - questions..

  • From: "Don WIlcox" <Dwilcox3@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:48:20 -0400

Despite the lengthy delays (years) getting Vista to market, it is very
lacking in hardware and software compatibilty.  You may incur problems and
maybe co$t to update, upgrade or replace with Vista capable stuff.

If you can, you may want to dual boot with your XP Pro or even replace Vista
with it.  Some pundits are predicting 1 to 3 more years for all hardware and
software to support VISTA.

Have fun.  :-))

Don

P.S.  I wish Dell would replace the lemon they sold me.  Replaced hard drive
once, DVD burner twice and today the motherboard blew just when I was gonna
call on a 3rd DVD burner problem and an extreme system slowdown.
Fortunately, I still have about 10 days left on my extended warranty.