-=PCTechTalk=- Re: The Official Geek Squad Reference Manuals - Free Download

  • From: "cristy" <poppy0206@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 14:54:24 -0400

Gman,

I just got back from Best Buy, got  a refund on the memory, not on the
service though, more on that later.  But when I ran my belarc program to see
how they put my old back in after taking the new out, this is what it says.
I specifically told them to put my 256 pair in slots 1 and 3.  That is not
what they did is it according to this? Is the first A and B slot here really
slot 1 and 2 and the second A and B slots 3 and 4?

BTW, I ordered the memory from NewEgg today online that you sent me the link
for.  Hopefully, I can get the darn cover off the computer to try doing it
myself or get my brother over here to do it.

Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 0' has 256 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 0' has 256 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL A DIMM 1' has 512 MB
Slot 'CHANNEL B DIMM 1' is Empty