-=PCTechTalk=- Re: System Restore

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 13:37:08 +1300

I was not able to identify a problem via the msconfig app, Troth, so I
bit the bullet and restored back to an earlier date.  All seems well at
this moment.

What did happen, which surprised me a bit was to do with AVG Free. I
r/clicked the Systray icon and chose "Check for updates".  There was a
big download, 4+megs. For no reason, I repeated the "Check for updates"
and, surprisingly(?) there was another d/l. After doing this three
times, I got the "up to date" message. That throws into question the
belief I had that updating from the most recently dated update file
brought one up to date???  Might have to watch that, 'cos it does teach
one that AVG files are not part of the SysRestore group.

Thanks to all involved.

Rick H