-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Sigman

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: spider1957 <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:44:18 -0500

Not a problem........I'm usually pretty quiet here and do the "admin"
stuff -- occasionally I like to jump in <G>
  Regards from

Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
          ,,,,,,,,
         Ô¿Ô¬
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
---------------------------------
Thursday, 3/10/2005, @ 12:43:31 PM EST
---------------------------------
It is never too late to be what you might have been.

==================|:o:|==================

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 23:21:54 -0600, spider1957 wrote:
  |   Ahhhhhhh, I admit the wise one has hit the nail on the head.
  |   Though just registering the "TABCTL32.OCX" file by itself would
  |   not work using the library made it purr like a kitten. Thank you
  |   again, for your help in this!
  |
  |   Spider
  |   http://home.coosahs.net/spider/

  |    |
  |    |   2)  Perhaps it's as simple as you are, indeed, missing the
  |    |   file, or it is corrupted.   Here is a sight with some good
  |    |   information about how to fix that problem:
  |    |
  |    |   http://tinyurl.com/4e9xg
  |    |
  |    |   In part, the site says:
  |    |
  |    |   Replacing TABCTL32.OCX:
  |    |
  |    |   SOLUTION:
  |    |
  |    |   In order to fix this problem, you'll need to set up and
  |    |   register the library file.
  |    |
  |    |   The easiest way to do that is to download the following
  |    |   file that will install and register most of the Library
  |    |   Files used by Ascentive's products (if you still see the
  |    |   error, try the manual instructions below).
  |    |   Please use the following URL to download a 5.66 MB
  |    |   (5,935,720 bytes) Ascentive Library Installer.
  |    |
  |    |   http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe Right
  |    |   click on the above link and select "Save target as..."
-----
  |    |
  |    |   ----- Alternatively, you may download just the file you are
  |    |   missing and manually register it yourself. Here's how to do
  |    |   it:
  |    |   Download TABCTL32.OCX (right click the text on the left and
  |    |   save to your Desktop).
  |    |
  |    |   Back up your current copy of TABCTL32.OCX and copy the new
  |    |   version to the same file location. This file should be
  |    |   located in the WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory on your C: drive
  |    |   (for Windows NT and 2000: \WINNT\system32).
  |    |
  |    |   Using your mouse, click on the "Start" button and then
  |    |   click on "Run".
  |    |
  |    |   According to your Operating System, type the following
  |    |   command to register this library file:
  |    |
  |    |   Windows 95, 98, or Me:
  |    |   regsvr32 \windows\system\TABCTL32.OCX
  |    |
  |    |   Windows NT or 2000:
  |    |   regsvr32 \WINNT\system32\TABCTL32.OCX
  |    |
  |    |   Windows XP:
  |    |   regsvr32 \windows\system32\TABCTL32.OCX
  |    |
  |    |
  |    |   You should see a message saying "DllRegisterServer ...
  |    |   succeeded"
  |    |
  |    |   If you are getting an error telling you that the file is
  |    |   missing, then you are not typing the command in correctly.
  |    |   You will need to type it in *exactly* as as shown above for
  |    |   your operating system.
  |    |
  |    |   * Please note that there is a SPACE after "regsvr32" and
  |    |   before the rest of the command.
  |    |
  |    |   You should probably copy and paste the command so that you
  |    |   are unable to mistype it.
  |    |
  |    |   Download TABCTL32.OCX now (right-click on the link and
  |    |   select "Save Target as...").
  |    |
  |    |   Regards from
  |    |
  |    |   Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
  |    |   ,,,,,,,,
  |    |   Ô¿Ô¬
  |    |   Cincinnati, Ohio
  |    |   Scottsdale, Arizona
  |    |   Wednesday, 3/9/2005, @ 11:19:43 PM EST
  |    |   Slight not what is near though aiming at what is far.
  |    |
  |    |   -- Euripides
  |    |