-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Problem with modem

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Don <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 20:33:23 -0500

Don,

I agree that off-topic discussion should not get out of hand, but it
is allowed here on a limited basis.  To date, I don't think anyone has
abused the privilege, and in all the time I've been a mod, I can't
remember having to cut someone off because he/she "talked too much".
I have, on rare occasion, asked that a thread be stopped because the
off-topic thread was getting out of hand.  Topics of religion and
politics seem to be good examples.

The amount of off-topic traffic we've seen on the list here in the
past many months is accepted and meets the criteria I outlined in the

  Regards from

Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
          ,,,,,,,,
         =D4=BF=D4=AC
   Cincinnati, Ohio
Scottsdale, Arizona
---------------------------------
Sunday, 2/13/2005, @ 8:27:57 PM EST
---------------------------------
He who reigns within himself and rules his passions, desires, and
fears is more than a king.

-- John Milton

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D|:o:|=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 19:50:00 -0500, Don wrote:
  |   Bob,
  |
  |   You are correct about folks having the right to talk and to
  |   talk about whatever they want to talk about.  However, just as
  |   the range of subjects for conversation is somewhat limited at
  |   church functions, so is talk about anything other than computer
  |   stuff limited here.
  |
  |   When folks want to talk on different subjects they should find
  |   a group where that subject is the topic or find a group where
  |   general chit-chat is welcome.
  |
  |   Don
  |

  |   Do YOU want a gmail account invitation?  Include your email
  |   address in the body of a private message to dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx

  |    |
  |    |   Besides, if G man started this group 6 years ago and
  |    |   really likes his group,
  |    |   then where is he now and why does no one else know where
  |    |   he is?  If I had a
  |    |   group that meant this much to me, I'd make sure to make a
  |    |   showing once in a while.
  |    |
  |    |   Anyway, that's why I'm opening the new irc channel.
  |    |
  |    |   Bob
  |    |
  |    |    |
  |    |    |
  |    |    |    |   Sometimes I'm glad that G Man isn't around to
  |    |    |    |   see what's going on here on his group!
  |    |    |    |
  |    |    |    |   John
  |    |    |    |
  |    |    |   And what do you think is so bad about the group?
  |    |    |
  |    |    |   I was a member a some time ago, lost the group
  |    |    |   (probably when it switched to
  |    |    |   freelists.org) and recently found the group again.
  |    |    |   It is every bit as good and useful today as it was
  |    |    |   before.
  |    |    |
  |    |    |   I see no flaming or bashing.  Everybody seems to be
  |    |    |   polite or at least not rude and obnoxious.
  |    |    |
  |    |    |   Most messages are on topic... more so than in other
  |    |    |   groups I subscribe to.
  |    |    |
  |    |    |   I don't think Gman would be upset at all to see his
  |    |    |   group today.
  |    |    |
  |    |    |   Don
  |    |    |   ---
  |    |    |
  |    |    |   Do YOU want a gmail account invitation?  Include
  |    |    |   your email address in the body of a private message
  |    |    |   to dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx
  |    |    |
  |    |    |
  |    |    |   To unsub or change your email settings:
  |    |    |   //www.freelists.org/webpage/pctechtalk
  |    |    |   To access our Archives:
  |    |    |   //www.freelists.org/archives/pctechtalk/
  |    |    |   For more info: