-=PCTechTalk=- motherboard question

  • From: "Dolores" <inquisitive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 21:53:53 -0400

first want to say I've been on this list for quite a while and have always
found everyone so helpful and I do learn when others have problems and try
to keep the info as never know when I might need it myself - anyhow my
question
I have an HP laptop that is 8 months old - the port where the power cord
went in was broken so it had to be sent back to them (I bought it from
Staples so they handled all that) - anyhow I picked it up today and they
showed me the work order from HP saying they had put in a new port (not sure
if I'm giving it the right name) but that they also had put in a new
motherboard - what are the usual symptoms when a motherboard goes bad, is
this a common problem for HP laptops and shouldn't they last more than 8
months?  I didn't see any problem with it except for not being able to plug
it into elctricity  - I'm just curious as the laptop is working great -
Dolores