-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need some help - unable to connect to the Internet!

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:29:16 -0800

Hi Rudy,
a wireless router needs to be hard wired to set up the wireless
(Plug in the cat5 Ethernet wire from the router to the laptop)

Get the internet working.
Then set up the "Passphrase" (10 or 20 character password)
 for the wireless network, then restart the computer.
Let it detect the wireless networks and when he tries to connect enter the
"Passphrase"  after the he 'should' be able to connect the the internet.

All the router manufactures provide free support via phone to help set them up.
I call them myself<G>

IHTH
Mike one of the mods