-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Mozilla and Netscape

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 08:55:12 -0400

One additional tip (though it may have been posted and I missed it).  Changing
the individual tabs from default settings to your own is next to impossible to
do until you figure out that it requires your "MyNetscape" to be changed.  For
instance, I wanted to change the weather tab and simply frustrated myself
trying to do it -- stocks are the same way.  Use your AOL or other recognised
account and create a Netscape "MyNetscape" page.  Change everything there and
SAVE it.  Next, in Mozilla, make your MyNetscape page your default page.  Now
all your special preferences will show up in the tabs for Mozilla.

These "tabs" are the reason I liked Netscape when V 6.x came out.  Most hated
it, but I thought it was cool to tailor the dang thing to my liking.  Now we
have the best of all worlds..........the speed of Mozilla and the fine tune
capabilities of Netscape.  I still have IE as the default browser, but I use
Mozilla nd MyIE as well, selecting the one I want according to the tasks I want
to perform.

Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
Master NetLord