-=PCTechTalk=- Re: IE Cache

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 15:08:33 -0800

Hi Judith,
I am very puzzled by your problem.
i have XP and use Steve's Cleanup!3.1
it clears my cache each time I run it.

What program do you use to create your web pages/ebooks?
Could it be keeping it's own cache and reloading the pages from
that?

Mike the mod
______________
I used his Clean Up program -- new version -- and it cleaned out
most of the cache.

I make my pages using the free version of EditPad for my HTML.
So my hard drive always shows the new version of the web pages I
make.

And this is what is odd -- if I don't go to my pages on the web
hosting server before I use WS_FTP95 to upload them, I can see
all the updated pages right away.

But if I do go to any page first on the hosting server, then
after I FTP the changes -- they will not show the new pages I
just uploaded but the old pages.

Now everyone else can see the new page(s) except me.  This is so
totally annoying to have to keep asking people what they are
seeing.

Then like magic after about a week, my IE browser 6.0 will start
seeing the new page(s).

Judith