-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firewalls...

  • From: "Sharon" <loonlake@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 21:50:31 +0200

Hi all,
The good (great) news is that somehow all my fiddling has resulted in an
internet connection on my Old computer networked through the New. The bad
news is that as per Trev's insistence I have removed (as best I could) ZA
and am currently using only the XP firewall.

The obvious question: what should I replace it with? Langa
http://www.informationweek.com/story/IWK20020412S0009
specifically states that Sygate supports ICS, but the Outpost site says they
do too. Is it six of one and half a dozen of the other?
Your opinions will be appreciated. Another selling point for me is
definitely ease of operation and setup.

Also, might I have trouble installing another firewall if ZA is still
hanging around the registry, even if it's totally gone from the rest of the
system? I'll go in there only if I must. Maybe I can use Regclean or similar
instead of doing it myself?

TIA,
Sharon