-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firewalls

  • From: Hotredlips779928@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 01:11:47 EDT

In a message dated 6/6/2003 2:46:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
carnealr@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Zone Alarm is good, however, I would ask this first: Do you have, or are
> you planning to get, a LinkSys Wireless Access Point Router? IF the answer
> is yes, you probably don't need one. LinkSys has a hardware firewall. I
> removed my firewall software after installing LinkSys.
>
> Assuming the best route to go is a software firewall, the two best are
> probably Norton Firewall, and Zone Alarm.
>
> Robert
>
> At 01:55 PM 6/6/2003  Friday -0400, you wrote:
> >HI, I just got cable a week ago and need a firewall.  It was suggested to
> me
> >by an online friend to d/l zone alarm and use that.  I just read this
> >email on
> >zone alarm now and am wondering it it is the best choice for me?
> >christy

Hi Robert, I am afraid that I do not even know what a LinkSys Wireless Access
Point Router is?  So I probably wont be getting it lol..but I would like to
know what it is.  I think I used zone alarm a few years ago when I had DSL but
cannot recall now, I know I first tried something called black ice that was
told to me later to be no good, and I think I switched to zone alarm after that
but that was like three years ago so do not recall it alot.

cristy