-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firewalls

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 22:29:57 -0700

Hi Cristy,
A wireless Router is Hardware device which uses cordless phone technology to
send the signals from the DSL or Cable modem to your computer and at the
same time act as a firewall.

Here are some links to learn about the wireless and other routers;

http://www.linksys.com/products/group.asp?grid=33&scid=35
http://www.netgear.com/products/wireless.html?view=hm
http://www.networkeverywhere.com/

I use both a Hardware Firewall and Zone Alarm Pro.
I hope this helps.

http://www.mwn.ca/ UPDATED 05/06/03
See my Anti-Virus pages  UPDATED 05/06/03
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 07/06/2003 at 1:11 AM Hotredlips779928@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Robert
>
> At 01:55 PM 6/6/2003  Friday -0400, you wrote:
> >HI, I just got cable a week ago and need a firewall.
It was suggested to me by an online friend to d/l zone
alarm and use that.  I just read this email on zone alarm now
and am wondering it it is the best choice for me?
> >christy

Hi Robert, I am afraid that I do not even know what a LinkSys Wireless
Access
Point Router is?  So I probably wont be getting it lol..
but I would like to know what it is.  I think I used zone alarm
a few years ago when I had DSL but cannot recall now,
I know I first tried something called black ice that was
told to me later to be no good, and I think I switched to
zone alarm after that but that was like three years ago so
do not recall it alot.

cristy